Sunday, September 6, 2009

Beginning the Journey...

I've decided to Know God. I know that sounds strange, but I've spent most of my life serving Him and thinking that I know Him, but not really understanding who He is.
One if my favorite chapters, Psalm 103 says,
Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-
*who forgives all your sins
*heals all your diseases,
*redeems your life from the pit
*crowns you with love and compassion,
*satisfies your desires with good things
*works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.
*is compassionate and gracious,
*slow to anger,
*abounding in love.
*will not always accuse,
*nor will he harbor his anger forever;
*he does not treat us as our sins deserve
*or repay us according to our iniquities.
*For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;
*as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
*he knows how we are formed,
*he remembers that we are dust. *from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
*and his righteousness with their children's children-
This does not begin to be an exhaustive list of His benefits...and it's only the beginning of Who He is. So, Who is He? Why does He love me the way He does? What is His purpose and plan in and for my life? When does He act on my behalf? and Where is He taking me? I'm gonna work on finding out.
This could be exciting!!! :)

No comments: