Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Eleh ha-devarim....These Are the Words...

Love
Grace
Mercy
Wisdom
Direction
Faithfulness
Reassurance

How can I forget these things?
Why does He have to remind me of all He has for me?
Why do I wait until worry, anxiety and panic set in before I reach out to Him?

I began a study from Deuteronomy this week. 
One would think that Deuteronomy can be dull and repetitive; I used to. 
But in just one week God has shown me so much that I overlooked or took for granted.

Deuteronomy is actually called Eleh ha-devarim in Hebrew, which means "these are the words." 
That is from the first line of Deuteronomy as Moses begins to remind this new generation of Israelites of the law given to them at Mount Sinai. But the Lord reminded me that every scripture is God-breathed; therefore, every word in the Bible is His. So no matter what book I am reading, no matter which chapter or verse... every time I pick up the Bible, "these are the words" of God.

I'm facing some new challenges ahead and I desperately need the Lord to guide me. 
So, I seek the "word of the Lord" by reaching for His Word. 
And in it, I am reminded of:

His...
Love
Grace
Mercy
Wisdom
Direction
Faithfulness
Reassurance

"Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God 
has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, 
personally and intimately, 
the One who invited us to God.
2 Peter 1:3 (MSG)