Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Hardest Thing...

"Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord."
Psalm 34:11

The hardest thing I have ever had to do in my whole life is..... trust. 

I am a "fixer". I have always been a rather independent person and convinced that I can fix any problem or situation that arises. But invariably I myself in a situation that is beyond me and I have to let go of it and let God handle it. I do not know why I cannot just allow Him to take care of things from the start; but time and time again I run off  on my own determined to solve the problem. And there He is, waiting for me to surrender it to Him.

The very definition of the word trust means to "rely on or place confidence in someone." When it comes to the things most important to me, like family, that is very hard for me to do.

Life is changing. My children are growing up and some are beginning families of their own. When we moved here to Washington there were just four of us, in our own little corner of the world. Now,  twenty three years later, there are ten of us and we are beginning to spread out.They are making decisions on their own now and following the direction in their lives that they feel God is calling them. They are facing crises of their own and as much as I still want to be their Mommy and fix the things in their lives that they struggle with.... it's time to surrender them. 

And I don't want to let go....


I have done my best to "teach them the fear of the Lord. It is time to let them go and trust God to handle their crises as they come.  For I know that as much as I love them, He loves them  more. Their names are engraved on His hands and are ever before Him (Isaiah 49:16). He has not forgotten them; He knows them by name. 


Father, You have never failed me or forsaken me. Every time I fully surrender and place my trust in You, miracles happen. So today I am choosing to trust my children and their lives and families to you. Guard them, protect them, provide for them, lead them in the paths of righteousness for Your Name's sake. Give them wisdom to make right choices and surround them with Your love. For they were Yours before they were mine. I trust You....

"In repentance and rest is your salvation, 
in quietness and trust is your strength." 
Isaiah 30:15


No comments: