Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
When I was a little girl, I memorized all of Psalm 100. Of course, it was the King James Version, which to a small child doesn't always make sense. But as I grew older and began to take God's Word to heart, I realize that everything we have to be thankful for is right here in this little Psalm. We can thank Him for our families, and our health, and our "things" that we have been blessed with. But really...doesn't it all come out of who He is and how He loves us?
- He is God! The creator of Heaven and Earth and all that is in them. The God who was here before time and will be here when everything else has passed away.
- He made us! He created us from the dust of the earth and breathed the breath of life into us....His breath! His Spirit dwells within us.
- We belong to Him! We are precious in His sight and His eyes are always upon us. He sees our going and our coming and will never leave us or forsake us. Our names are written on the palm of His hand!
- We are His people...His sheep. He tends to our needs as a shepherd tends to the needs of his flock. He guards over us and protects us. He searches for us when we go wandering off. He corrects us when we take a wrong turn.
- He is good! He is altogether good...and He will not withhold any good thing from those who walk in His ways. His desire is that we would have not only life, but an abundant life full of good things.
- His love endures forever! Endures....that word means "to continue to exist; last: to support adverse force or influence of any kind". That means that nothing we can ever do will cause Him to stop loving us! We can disappoint Him, we can deny Him, we can turn our backs on Him and walk away....but He will never stop loving us.
- He is faithful! His promises are "yes" and "amen". He will do all that He has promised to do. He is always there; He is always watching over us; He is always listening to hear us when we call on Him, or just sit and talk with Him.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!
1 Chronicles 16:34