Monday, July 9, 2012

Failure. . . Redemption . . . Restoration

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and 
pray for each other so that you may be healed. 
The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
James 5:16 (AMP)

There is a fine line between admitting your failures and being a failure. I am trying hard not to cross that line. No, this is not an invitation to a pity party . . . it is a confession.

The fact is that I have failed. I have failed my children, I have failed my husband, I have failed my friends, I have failed myself, and . . . I have failed my God. And if we all were to be truthful, everyone would make that same confession. The bottom line is - I am tired of failing.

I sat at the beach this morning having a heart to heart chat with God, confessing my failures, grief-stricken that my failures have had affected others, and admitting that I just cannot do anything without Him. 

I was reminded of His grace;
that grace that is sufficient for all of my inadequacies,

I was reminded of His mercy:
new every morning,

and then . . .

I was reminded of His redeeming love;
that love that covers a multitude of sins and yes, even failures.

And I wondered, does His redeeming love cover the affect that my failures have had on others? Will He repair the damage I have done to others through my own inadequacies as a wife, mother, friend, etc.? I have to believe that it does. My prayer this morning was not just for myself, that I would be more  faithful and disciplined in everything that I do and to everyone I have contact with; but also that His redemption would cover and repair the results of those failures.

The Amplified version of James 5:16 puts it this way: 
"Confess to one another your faults . . . and pray for one another, 
that you may be healed and restored." 

So this is my confession: I have failed. 

But this is my hope: I have a Redeemer! 

I choose to believe that His redeeming love covers not only my imperfections, but will bring healing and restoration to those around me. Exodus 6:6 says, "I will redeem you with an outstretched arm" and Isaiah 59:1 says, "Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save." 

Your thoughts are always appreciated!

'Lena

No comments: