Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Declare His Glory...

This morning as I logged onto my Facebook page our local television station had posted a news article and picture about an solar explosion on the sun. Curious, I clicked on the link and watched the video and the first words out of my mouth were, "God, You are so amazing!" First of all, that we have technology that allow us to see close up views of this event is incredible. But to be able to see this huge fireball that God created was awesome...and anyone who knows me knows I don't use the word "awesome" lightly.

This was a solar explosion that cannot be seen by the human eye and has no effect on us here on earth at all; it was apparently not big enough to even trigger any strong Northern Lights events. But it did get me to thinking... (scary, I know.)

"In the beginning, 
God created the heavens and the earth." 
(Genesis 1:1)

I am not a scientist; as a matter of fact, science gives me a headache. So I cannot claim any knowledge of the necessity of these solar explosions. However, I do know that these types of explosions are what trigger the Northern Lights. I desperately want to see the Northern Lights up close and personal. I have only seen them in pictures or videos. They are amazing and beautiful. And I have no idea what good they do, other than to entertain me.

I am a simple person and this is how my simple mind works....

God created the sun...
He makes these explosions happen...
These explosions cause the Northern Lights...
The Northern Lights are cool and make people (like me) happy...

Why would He do that?

The heavens declare the glory of God; 
the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1

David was king, he prepared a place for the ark of God and pitched a tent for it. As the Levites carried the ark into the place he prepared, the people rejoiced greatly and David said to the people,

"Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous deeds among all peoples.
For great is the Lord and more worthy of praise..."
1 Chronicles 16:24,25a


It is our responsibility to declare His glory among the nations. We are created to worship Him and to share with those around us of His greatness. But so many fail to do so. When we get caught up in the busy-ness of our lives and go on "auto-pilot" just to get through the day, the "heavens declare the glory of God" in our place.

As awesome as nature is, and as wonderful and exciting as solar explosions and Northern Lights can be....may it be the words of my mouth that...

Declare His Glory!

No comments: