Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Encouraging One Another.....Around the World

I haven't written anything for quite some time. Well, at least not here. I am taking some online college courses from Ohio Christian University and have been very busy writing papers for an English Composition class. So, I have been writing....just not to you. :)

One of our requirements in this class is to participate in discussions. We are given a prompt related to what we are learning at the time and we are to post our thoughts and then respond to each other. Just like you would in a literal classroom. What I have found interesting is, just as in a classroom, we sometimes go down rabbit trails. We start off talking about our recursive writing habits and end up talking about the faithfulness of God in our lives.

There are about twelve of us in this particular class and we come from all walks of life, all age groups; many from broken homes, some from strong stable homes. Some are leaders in their church; many have been delivered from strongholds of the enemy. Several classmates have lost family members as recent as just a couple weeks ago, right around and during the holidays. I remember their pain as it was only a year ago that my Mom and Aunt were killed in a car accident.

My professor remarked today in her weekly announcement that we have all responded to one another and encouraged one another without much input needing to come from her. I think we sometimes forget she is there. But it seems we have an affinity for each other, we can relate to each other; many of our circumstances have been similar. And yes, we pray for one another.

It's almost as if God put this group of people together for a reason.
He does things like that.

It reminds me that God never leaves us alone. Even in our darkest moments, when we can't see or feel Him, He sends others to surround us and support us; friends and family, church members... those who are close to us and can be there in a moment when we call. But it also made me think.....

Paul traveled extensively in his ministry. He probably spent more time walking on the road and sailing in ships than he actually did standing and preaching. In order to get word to all the people, he began writing letters which were delivered to all the churches to be read aloud. But even that took time to get them delivered and shared among the people. However, it did allow him to reach hundreds of thousands of people with his message of the gospel.

We live in an age of advanced technology. And while many people still travel around the world to spread the gospel and share their message, for many all it takes is the click of a mouse to uplift, encourage and share with others.

I began this blog just for me as an avenue to share my walk with God and what He has been teaching me. But as I realized how many people across the United States and now even the world are reading it, I have become aware of the opportunity and yes, responsibility, I have to share my faith. The Bible says life and death are in the tongue, and that applies to the written word, also.

So to you, my faithful readers, the ones I know and the ones I don't know, while I am not Paul I pray that the words I share here on this page will always leave you with hope, encouragement and life.

And to my fellow classmates, whom I doubt I will ever meet face to face this side of heaven, let's not take for granted the words we "say" in our discussion rooms. God has put us in this place together for a reason...to learn from each other, to bless each other, to comfort and to help one another.

 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, 
just as in fact you are  doing." 
1 Thessalonians 5:11

1 comment:

Deborah Morel said...

Lena, I definitely believe God brings people together to meet each other's specific needs at specific times, to lift up and encourage each other using our unique gifts and anointings. There are people who need what we have. Love you!
Deb