Friday, August 12, 2011

Planted....Once Again!

"I will make an agreement with them that will never end,
and I won't ever stop doing good things for them.
With all My heart I promise that they will be planted 
in this land once again."
Jeremiah 32:41b
(Contemporary English Version)


In May of this year, I wrote a post titled Promise of Lilacs. It was a reminder to myself of God's all surpassing knowledge of what we need before we need it. We had found out that we were going to have to move again, and I was stressing about finding just the right place for our family. Well, we are now settling into our new home and as usual, God knew just where we needed to be and what we were going to require before we did. 

No, this house doesn't have lilac trees, but it does have a beautiful willow tree in the backyard. I've always wanted a willow tree. Growing up as a child in Virginia, we had willow trees and I just love the way they reach up to heaven with their branches and then the limbs sweep back down to the earth. A picture to me of how we reach up to our Heavenly Father and He reaches down to us. 


God continues to amaze me with His love for me and my family. Even when we don't understand what is going on around us, or why life doesn't work out the way we think or hope it should, it never catches Him by surprise. I know this house is an absolute gift from Him. He knew before we did the circumstances we would be facing and the reason why the beautiful condo in downtown Edmonds wasn't going to work for our family. As disappointed (and to be honest...ticked off at the rental agent) as I was, I am so glad now that the condo was rented out from under us. 

So....once again, I am grateful. 
For His omniscience, 
His faithfulness,
His goodness, 
His patience. 
And for the little extras that He gives us unexpectedly.

"I won't ever stop doing good things for them."



1 comment: