Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Storms Keep Raging...

"...All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it."
1 Corinthians 10:13 (Message)

Have you ever been at that place where you feel like you have been pushed to your limit? There is not one more thing that can be put on your plate,or you will drop it. You don't want to answer the phone or open the door because you may not be able to handle what's on the other side...

My husband and I have spent this year in that place. I will be completely frank with you and tell  you that this year has been terrible. Our New Year began with such promise, but my world was shaken on January 3, 2011, and since that day, one thing after another has bombarded us. I told my husband last night that I didn't think I had ever gotten my "sea legs" after my mom died and the storms just keep coming.

Two promises I hang onto...
One, God will never let me be pushed past my limit; and He promises to be there with me all the way to get me through it.

Two, God will use whatever circumstances I find myself in, whatever the enemy throws my way to try to destroy me, God will turn it and use it for my good. 

(Technically, I guess those are three promises...but isn't that just like God, to make His Word alive and grow as we hang onto every syllable?)

We were talking tonight with our son, Ryan, and he was remembering a vision he had a few years ago. One where God showed him the legion of angels that surrounded our house protecting us from the enemy that were wanting to get in. I ponder on that vision often, because I believe they are still there...guarding, protecting and ready to fight on our behalf.

The next few weeks will be challenging ones for Mark and I. We face some very difficult circumstances that will require God's grace and mercy, His provision and direction. We would appreciate your standing with us in prayer. And while we brave the storms we will take shelter in His Word and look expectantly for the good, the growth it will bring, the promise of Sunshine after the storm. 

"...Don't you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good..."
Genesis 50:20 (Message)

No comments: