Sunday, December 26, 2010

Immanuel...God With Us

"Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: 
Behold, the young woman who is unmarried and a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel 
[God with us]."
Isaiah 7:14 (amp)

Christmas, 2010...

Another Christmas has come and gone. 
Another year soon to be ended.
So many emotions run through me....
I'm not really sure I can put it all into words.

I am in awe of the things for which I have to be thankful, to be grateful...and the many reasons I have to say "I am blessed." God is with us...

I am constantly amazed when someone tells me that something I have written or said has blessed or encouraged them. I have to go back and read it again and try to figure out how something I said could possibly have any affect on them. God is with us...

I am so thankful that my son's college tuition was provided for in miraculous and amazing ways, and always, at just the right moment. God is with us...

I am honored to be a part of two separate prayer groups with some amazing praying women. The result of these times has been healing for several and financial provision for others. Relationships are being restored and new lives brought to Christ. God is with us...

I am privileged to rejoice with a young woman who believed she would never give birth to a third child as she prepares for the birth of her little boy. God is with us....

I am amazed at His faithfulness as he provided a house and a car for my son and his family...all in one week! God is with us....

I am so proud of who my children are growing up to be. This Christmas, when all our budgets were stretched beyond limits, I watched them give to each other sacrificially...preferring others over themselves...letting go of something they want so desperately and saved for and worked towards for so long, just in order to give to others. God is with us...

I am forever grateful for the old friends that have walked beside me throughout the years; and for the new friends God has given me this year to continue the journey, encouraging me and loving me along the way. God is with us....

But, He doesn't always look like we think He should! :)
The past few years have taught me many things, one of the most important being that His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts (Isaiah 55:9). When I have prayed for Him to come through for me, He did...but many times He did it in an unexpected moment, in an unexpected and often surprising way. Many times it just didn't make sense to me...but His thoughts are higher than mine.

And so, we come to the end of Christmas, 2010 celebrating  in the birth of Jesus. And we quickly approach the beginning of the New Year, 2011, filled with thankfulness for what God has done and is continuing to do; filled with promise and hope; waiting expectantly for the surprises.

Because, God is with us.....

Merry Christmas!
'Lena 
"Behold, the virgin shall become pregnant and give birth to a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel--
which, when translated, means, God with us."
Matthew 1:23

1 comment:

Becky Crenshaw said...

Lena...
Just wanted to tell you how blessed I was by your gift to Jetta. I just read her blog and connected to yours. What a testimony of what listening to the Lord's prompting can do. Your obedience blessed me. - Becky C.