Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Letting Go.....

I have been so honored and yes, amazed, at the number of people who have told me how blessed they are by my posts. And I have to say, that all the credit goes to God our Father. And I am so grateful to each of you for your kind words and encouragement. So I was wondering, could you return the favor? I need a few words of encouragement from those of you who have been where I am now.

You see, I am totally stressing out! Most of you are aware that I am a mother of five and even a grandmother. But I've never had to say "goodbye" to one of my children. While my two oldest boys are married and out of the house, they live close by and we see them often. And even if a couple weeks go by without seeing or hearing from them, I know that I can stop by or have them over for dinner anytime.

My third son, Mitchell, just graduated from high school and two weeks from today he leaves for college......in Cleveland, Tennessee!! And the "mommy" in me is having a really hard time with this...

We were hoping to have him fly out with a friend who attends there, but that flight was unavailable to us. So I had to book him on another flight that's not a non-stop... he's going to have to change planes...by himself.

I was up until 2am this morning trying to find financing for the rest of his tuition. I don't get this.....there are all these websites that say there is "tons of money" out there for education, but I can't seem to find it. I cannot begin to tell you how many scholarship offers we have filled out! It's crazy!!! And so incredibly frustrating...

And you know what the craziest thing is???? As I'm sitting here typing this, feeling sorry for myself, crying into my Kleenex my play list below is playing. And the first thing I hear is...

"I will be still and know and know You are God".

And while I am trying to ignore that one, the next song comes on.

"I am not forgotten....He knows my name"

As I continue to type and spill out my woes to you, the next song comes on....

"Shake yourself loose from everything that binds you up!"

I guess while I was hoping to get pity and perhaps a few more Kleenex from some of you God decided to use what He has already given me to help me through this storm. God has reminded me to be still and know that He has all things under control. He has not forgotten us; He knows MY name and He knows Mitchell's name. Therefore, I will stand on His Word and shake loose from the fears that have tried to encamp around me. Mitchell is perfectly capable of doing this without me, because, in fact, he won't be alone. God is our provider. And all things, including the enemy, are under our feet!

But, if you think of us, please include us in your prayers...I still have to say goodbye; we still need provision for tuition, books and the miscellaneous items he will need for school.

And there will be that empty room downstairs....



2 comments:

Jetta... said...

I can only imagine how you feel. I am dreading this very day for myself and I am thankful I still have years.
You should know - and it is evidenced by your grown and married kiddos - that you are a good mom. You did a good job and you serve a good God. Mitchell will be fine - scratch that - he will be great!
I will be praying - the heart of a mommy is always tender -Love you!

Lindsay said...

From the Kids side...when I left home it was really hard for me. I was and still am very close to mom and dad but I have learned so much being away and God has blessed me and always taken care of my every need. Parents prayers are what have always kept me going. They don't always have a way out for me and can't always rescue me when I'm many miles away and need help. But my God is always there and shows up every time. I will be praying for all of you as this transition continues. Press into HIM!
Lindsay