Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lord, I Need You

He brought me out into a broad place;
    he rescued me, because he delighted in me.
Psalm 18:19 (ESV)


Have you ever had one of those days…? 
One of those weeks…
One of those years?? 

It just seems everywhere you look, there's a trial or a situation;
 a question that has no answer.
No matter how hard you try, it appears you fail. 
No matter how much you search, you just can't find an answer.
And no matter how much you try to silence the voices, 
you still hear the accusations.

Today, this song resounds in my heart:
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You1

 How I need Him...He is:
My victory in the trials
My answer to the questions
My strength in the effort
My peace to rest in Him 
My patience waiting for the answers
My defender against the accuser
My courage in the place of fear

Psalm 18 begins,
“I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
    my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies.”

My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You1

‘Lena Ehlert
©2015

1Matt Maher

No comments: